Thursday, June 27, 2013

I need friends. And I need hipster glasses. The two aren't wholly unrelated. I lost my glasses, so I need new hipster ones. I got three jobs so I lost a lot of time, but hopefully, that doesn't mean I lost friends. I know that doesn't mean I lost friends, because they come into my work and hand me back a bit of the time I lost. They brush the dust of the pavement off of it, because that is where I dropped it. They understandingly say, "Here. Here's some time. It's not new, but we know you are trying. We are going to make fun of you anyway, though. Because we know you will laugh, and we'll laugh too." Here's the catch. They don't say that out loud. I still hear it, though. That means we are friends.
They come into my work, wearing a baseball cap and a candy-circus dress.  They write notes on blank receipts and yellow sticky-notes. I'm covered in tape and laughing til I cry. I lost my glasses, and I lost a lot of time. My friends gave me back some time..... Maybe they can get me some new hipster glasses?

1 comment:

  1. Stephen gets the hipster glasses but you have two little asian girls and that is even cooler. But really though, get some of those because you would rock them.

    Also, I feel so cool right now. I love having someone write about me!

    ReplyDelete