Thursday, July 21, 2011

What A Day

Sooo, guess what? I got asked today to fill in for a friend in my old dance piece..... and we perform tomorrow. But let me start at the beginning. At the end of the school year, I had been feeling worn out and tired, so I decided to take a break from dance and try something new, so I joined the L.P. X country team and started training this summer. I also auditioned for next year's musical at L.P. and made it in. So now I had a summer and first semester of school with no ballet, and lots of other things instead. I haven't been dancing for about a month, and then I come home from x country practice this morning, and today of all days, my dance teacher has called me up and asked if I would fill in a spot for one of my friends who had injured her knee. They found out about the injury that morning, and the performance is tomorrow at Timberline. Yikes. "Well," I thought, "I HAVE done this number before, and it would be kinda nice to see everyone at dance again... Okay, I'll do it."  Great. I showed up at two today and learned my part, and then tomorrow at 10 AM is spacing. We perform at 6:30 that evening. Well, I'd always heard stories about things like this happening from other performers, where they had to pick up a part the day before the show because the lead broke their ankle or something, but I never thought anything like this would happen to me. Well, it did. And I can add my story to the rest of them. Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment