Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Estrella

 Reclining on my somewhat-nicely made top bunk bed,
 I'm looking at a poster, tacked up on the wall next to me.
It's a poster from NASA of photos taken by the
Hubble Space Telescope.

Eighty-one different photos of light being transmitted from a
Billion Trillion miles away. I feel a little awe-struck that the human
Race has managed to capture these resplendent creations of
God, and we barely recognize that it's Him.

There is one photo in particular that keeps yanking my eyes
Back to it. Innumerable stars are beaming in this photo. They
Appear as minuscule yellow and white dots in a two-inch square.
It's like watching a million fireflies in a jam jar,

Or like taking a cross-section of a firework.
It's unfortunate and strange to me that these infinite bursts of
Photons are contained by a flat box with thin, yellow walls.
But they're not contained, really.

They're free. They are eruptions of light in unconfined and
Infinite space. Clearly, their light has no limit, because their
explosion of light was powerful enough to travel across the
Universe and find it's way onto my bedroom wall.

I'm yearning to join them.
My heart is pounding and all I want is to run to the edge of the
Earth, and with one flying leap, hurl myself into the black
Abyss of Space and explode into unrestrainable light.

There is a pull in my chest to combust into a
Thousand gigantic beams of blindingly Golden and Breathtaking
light and illuminate the surrounding Darkness.
To Emit light is not strong enough. No, this has to be something
Powerful, something with enough force to ricochet and repercuss.

And maybe, If I explode large enough,
My own light will find its way onto a piece of my
Bedroom wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment