Friday, December 19, 2014

Um.

I want you to know that I read your poem.
I think I understood,
And I'm sorry.
For lots of things.
Mostly, I'm sorry that
You caught the worst of my uncommunicativeness.

I'd like to see your garden sometime, if you don't mind.
Perhaps I could plant a new flower? A completely platonic but very nice flower?
It should bloom come spring.

Alright.... I'm coming to pick up my Italian book.

Please don't read the rest of this.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-






You Sneak!!!! I told you not to read the rest of this!!!! Oh well.
Do you have any regrets? I'm curious. I'm not sure if I do. Regret I think is a mortal thing, something of this earth. I think it's something you choose, too. If I do have regrets, it's mostly on the ends of the spectrum. I regret either that we tried in the first place, or that it didn't work out, or maybe a little of both. But it was a learning experience. I learned that we are probably better suited as friends. Although, since we've been spending so much time on honesty planet lately, I have a confession. I feel a sense of relief. There was something missing, and it was, for lack of a better word, a little strenuous and tense. But there is still that little corner of opposition. It's the top-left corner, I think. I'll have to look into some repairs up there. It opposes all endings and change. It is determined to keep trying until all problems are solved and every question answered, goll-durn-it! Our rather interesting situation is not immune from that. This is not a plea to try again. I am simply explaining all aspects of my own standing, which I should have done better at before. I don't think the top-left corner is sufficiently strong enough to induce me to try again.
Now. Let's put this to rest, and say, "You know what? They're great, really. And I still care about them, but it just didn't work out." We can turn westward or eastward or whatever way we want, and still wish the best for each other, send each other Christmas cards, and when you get an iPhone, I'll send you a snapchat or something. It'll be funny, I promise.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment