Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grandmother's Pearls

I've been searching, tearing apart the house for Grandmother's pearls.
I've been through all the knick-knacks, all the top drawers, and in the carved wooden box in the back of  Mom's closet. I can't seem to find them. I know they're somewhere. I've seen them. I know how precious they are. We wouldn't lose those.... Not intentionally. They are beautiful, and soft, and real. They're not a fake, five-dollar strand.
I just need something like that manifest in life. I've been searching, searching for something beautiful and real. Not photoshopped or cinematic. I just want something tangible, that shows that the things we want in life can happen, and they're not just pipe dreams and wisps of smoke and memory, like Grandmother's pearls.
We have them. I've seen them. They are soft and beautiful and real. I just don't know where to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment